Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e ~ Final Series Thoughts ~

So, I finished it!
I'm surprised I watched it so fast... and didn't get distracted halfway through!

So, first off, I have to point out that in the final episode, Sekime made me cry. Then I got that under control and here comes Nakatsu... making me cry again.
Guys crying is my weakness.

Oh and I was really annoyed that Akiha and Umeda... well... she asked if he wanted to go out with her again and he said he'd think about it. WTH?! Umeda is gay! Everyone know that... -sigh- Guess Drama Umeda is bi instead, ne?

Anyway, here's my overall review.

The series is hilarious and kinda cheesy at times, but that only makes it funnier. There were a lot of things that were very very close to the manga, which I appreciated, and then certain things that kind of deviated (like the relationship between Sano and Kagurazaka...) which were still okay, just odd.

Overall, I'd recommend this Drama to anyone who liked the Hana-Kimi manga. I'd also recommend it to fans of Shoujo as well.
I wouldn't tell someone just starting out in Japanese Drama to watch it, because the spontaneous wackiness might scare them away... it almost did me at first, til I got used to it.
I also wouldn't recommend it to someone who doesn't want something cute or funny or just fun all around. If you're looking for a serious drama, this totally isn't it.

Overall... I give "Hanazakari no Kimitachi e" a 8 out of 10!

No comments: